As an alternative to costly, more invasive procedures like plastic surgery, Tarzana Cosmetic MedSpa offers microdermabrasion, to remove visible skin imperfections such as sun damage, blemishes and fine lines. In this procedure, Dr. Safvati utilizes tiny, rough grains to buff or “sand” away the thick, uneven outer layer of skin known as the epidermis. The lost skin cells are replaced by new, healthy ones that provide a refreshed appearance, with noticeably reduced fine lines, wrinkles, spots and blemishes.
- Reduces skin’s visible imperfections, from sun damage and certain scarring, to fine lines, spots and blemishes
- Improves complexions damaged by age spots, black heads or acne
- Removes dead skin cells of epidermis to allow regrowth of new, healthier skin cells
- Breaks up the top layer skin barrier, to allow medicinal creams and lotions to work more effectively
- Helps to thicken your collagen, for a tauter, younger looking complexion
- Only mild side effects, which could include temporary swelling and redness in treated areas